NGR can partially substitute natural and synthetic rubber in the manufacturing of high quality rubber products, such as tires, gloves and rubber hoses. Compared to conventional (mechanical and thermochemical destruction), devulcanization technology enables to recycle rubber into NGR, without:
- Affecting the quality and performance of the end rubber product;
- And the need to add large quantities of natural or synthetic rubber to maintain the quality.
Additionally, Rubber Products Ltd is the first company to apply a commercially viable process of devulcanization technology.
NGR technology can be used by rubber recyclers and NGR products can be added to rubber compounds and used in the production line in manufacturing end rubber goods. NGR technology and products uptake the entire rubber recycling value chain. The expected impact of the NGR technology and product is the following:
- Reduced global waste of end-of-life tires and other rubber goods through an increase in use of recycled rubber;
- Decreased impact on environment;
- Cost efficient alternative to natural and synthetic rubber for rubber manufacturers.
NGR products were validated by the industry through pilot tests in Project NGR